Corporate events offer your business a way to build personal and meaningful relationships with your target audience; whether they are employees, industry peers or clients. These events are also a great way to increase brand recognition and loyalty.
Sadly, corporate events can often be underwhelming and can even leave attendees disengaged from your brand.
Here are some ideas to help you meet your objectives and have a successful event:
Mix things up
It doesn’t have to be a special event for you to take it out of the office. An annual meeting, for example, could be an opportunity to take your employees to another venue. Even if employees are going to spend their time in meetings, the chance to get away from the office can be refreshing. Changing the dress code can also help to create a more relaxed vibe.
Make networking fun
Depending on the aim of your event, networking might be an essential part of the process. Often, networking at a corporate event can feel a bit stiff and awkward. Including a fun activity can help make this process easier. These activities can include:
- A Photo booth – Photo booths are an excellent conversation starter, especially if attendees who do not know each other are pulled into a group photo. It would be a good idea to have a setup where the photos can be shown on a screen during the event, as well as posted to your social media pages from where attendees can share on their profiles (this will give your company more exposure).
- Name Tag Switch – When attendees arrive, give them the wrong name tags and give them the task of finding the person with their name. When they have found the right person they will need to answer three questions to get their name tag. This will help them to approach and learn more about other attendees.
- Business Card Collection – Encourage attendees to bring a number of business cards. Allow 15-20 minutes for fast networking, where they will have to go around and interact with other attendees to collect business cards. At the end, award the attendee with the highest number of business cards.
These are just a few of the many networking ideas that you can take advantage of. The point is to make the process fun.
Get attendees involved
A great way to ensure that your attendees will have fun at your event is to develop an event based on their interests. Before the event, get an idea of the number of attendees that would be interested in a particular activity, session or presentation.
Everyone likes getting gifts, so a good way to improve your corporate event is giving your attendees unique souvenirs. Regardless of the type of corporate event you are hosting, giving corporate gifts is a good idea. Corporate gifts can help to:
• develop B2B relationships
• increase brand awareness
• save your business money (cost-effective method of advertising)
• maintain customer loyalty and improve customer image and perception
• improve employee relations
Spruce up the menu for your corporate event
The menu for your corporate event is as important as it is for any other type of event. With that in mind, create a unique food experience. Avoid the standard meeting offerings and instead, offer an extraordinary menu that is sure to make a lasting impression.
If you are ready to take your corporate event to the next level, we can help. Contact us today and let our professional planners work with you to meet your event needs.